It is usually this time of year that I open the wishing pot my best friend gave me and check out my goals and wishes for the past year. Sometimes I’m happy to see I met my goals and sometimes I’m sad to see I didn’t quite get there. This year I think I will be happy the year is over and a new one beginning.
So, what do I want for 2017–
- To lose the final 20 pounds I need to be a healthy weight for my short frame.
- To exercise at least 30 minutes every day.
- To eat better and find ways to enjoy food that is good for you.
- To double my book production by writing a little something at least 5 days a week.
- To not stress over sales of books or ads and promotion I should be doing, to just find events or happenings to sell my books in fun and inventive ways.
- To reach out to newbies in this strange, scary publishing world and give them a pat on the back for being brave enough to try it and enough advice to feel they are taking the next step into this world we call publishing.
- To tell my family how much I love them and to be there when needed.
- To smell the roses–literally and figuratively.
What do you want your 2017 to be?
Jill James, romance writer and reader