You know. Those little habits and things that irk you, but probably aren’t important enough to irk anyone else. Such as:
- Black socks with shorts. Men, this is directed at you. Buy some white socks or go without. Bonus yuck points if you wear the black socks with sandals. If you are going to wear sandals, lose the socks.
- Women in business who use their husband’s or a shared email address. You are in business, ladies. If your address is email@example.com lose the mister, president or not. Especially gmail, hotmail, or yahoo. It’s free!! Get your own address to be in business.
- Baggy, low-rider pants. You know who you are, enough said.
- Any show related to the Jersey shore. Sorry, your 15 minutes are up.
- Every news show that makes a summer sprinkle into the Storm of the Century and every illness the Next Plague to get viewers and scare people. Michael Crichton was so right. Keep the people afraid and they don’t have the ability to start a revolution.
- Anything to do with politics, I’ve had enough!!
Do you have any pet peeves? Do you like to write quirky characters with unique pet peeves? Do you like to read characters with some quirky pet peeves?
Also, don’t forget the September Extravaganza coming up at Back of the Book Reviews.