My lovely, best friend Lee Lopez
coerced nicely asked me to participate in The Next Big Thing Blog Hop. She answered the questions below on her blog, www.leelopez.com and then tagged me to do the same and then name names. Hahahahaha! I’ve already done this once so I will answer the questions but I take the 5th on naming names!
1. What is the working title of your book or story? Love in the Time of Zombies.
2. What is a one-sentence synopsis of your book? Emily Gray found love and purpose the day the zombies came.
3. Where did the idea for the book come from? I’ve been on a zombie watching and reading kick for about 18 months now and I love The Walking Dead so I was thrilled to try my hand at a zombie urban fantasy.
4. What genre does your book fall under? urban fantasy and horror. If you want just zombies be warned; there is love and romance. If you want just romance be warned; there are ooey-gooey zombie parts.
5. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Alyssa Milano for Emily Gray. I like that she looks kickass and fragile at the same time. Alex O’Loughlin for Seth Ripley, the truck-driving poet. He is tough but sensitive.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? self-published.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? It is taking about 4 months.
8. What other books would you compare this story to, within your genre? Married with Zombies by Jesse Petersen.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book? I’m loving all things zombie lately. I believe if you can find love in a world with flesh-eating zombies, renegade mobs, and a shortage of needed resources, how hard can it be to find true love in the real world?
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? Although there is a big tale of the end of the world as we know it, at heart I’m a romance writer, so there will be a happily-ever-after.
If you would like to participate, take the 10 questions and post on your own blog. Come back and let us know where the blog post is so we can enjoy!!!
Jill James, author of contemporary and paranormal romance
coming soon, Love in the Time of Zombies